Welcome to our Market!
The Abbotsford Farm & Country Market exists to celebrate the agricultural riches of our land and the talented people of our community in a fun, social and vibrant setting.
The Abbotsford Farm and Country Market Society (AFCMS) is entering its 19th year providing a modern market with a traditional “make, bake or grow” theme. To the extent that current pandemic protocols allow, the market showcases the best in British Columbian grown and produced foods, crafts and entertainment.
Our 2021 outdoor summer market will convene again at Jubilee Park, located at 2552 McCallum Road on the outskirts of historic downtown Abbotsford, on Saturdays May 1st to October 30 from 9am to 12noon.
For 19 years we have enjoyed a tremendous response from vendors, shoppers and the local community. You do not want to miss out on this exciting venture!
This Handbook is your guide to the market, outlining the information, policies and regulations that endeavour to capture the spirit of what the AFCMS has created. Your participation contributes to positive energy, diversity and health, which are all important to a prosperous community. In the spirit of encouraging communication between all participants, we welcome comments or concerns regarding these guidelines.
Please note that you must submit an application and be screened for acceptance in order to participate as a vendor at our market. If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact the Market Manager at 604-996-1542. We hope to hear from you soon, and ask that you submit your application at least wo weeks before your first desired market date.
Here is a Checklist providing a ‘to do’ list to help you through the process of becoming a vendor at the Abbotsford Farm & Country Market:
- Read the Vendor Handbook and its Attachments to ensure you are in agreement with its contents and able to meet all requirements.
- Review and complete the Application Form (contains market dates & pricing), and the Vendor Agreement. ( If you are a grower who needs to augment your offerings with products from another grower see Handbook item # 7. If you are an artisan/crafter please include photos representative of the products intended for sale.)
- Submit your Application and Vendor Agreement online, or email to the address shown on the application. Please note that applications are reviewed for approval in the order received.
- If requested, arrange for the Vendor Selection Committee to view your products or production facility.
- If selected as an approved vendor arrange payment asap of the AFCMS Membership fee, and fees appropriate to your choice of market dates/vendor packages.